26 September 2011

Back on the wagon.

It's time to get back to counting calories. I had my baby on September 1st...and almost a month later I've lost 25 of the 40 pounds I gained. I actually dropped the 25 pounds in his first 2 weeks, and have been stuck for the past week and a half. I know I need to be realistic about dropping the weight too fast (especially since I am breast feeding and need to make sure I'm eating enough calories), but I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight at 6 weeks with my first, so I'd like to be somewhat close to that with this new little guy.

Here's my real problem...I need to be accountable for what I am putting in my mouth. I've been eating pretty crappy since he was born. I'm hungry all the time...but I'm trying to fill that hunger with junk, because it's easy and honestly it just tastes good. So...I'm back on Loseit.com to keep track of what I put in my mouth.

I am also back to cooking. I didn't do much of that during my pregnancy...and now I am excited to feel up to cooking. Also, my sister pointed me towards a great website with TONS of recipes that look fantastic. She has tried a few of them and has loved them all...so tonight I start trying some of them for myself. Best part of skinnytaste.com is her calorie count and weight watchers point information. She has fantastic pictures too! You really must check her out.

So my "back on the wagon" goal is to loose the last 15 pounds from my pregnancy, plus the additional 5 that I didn't get off before I got pregnant. I am shooting to have all 20 off by the end of the year. I'll keep you posted on the weight loss along with putting up new recipes and telling you about other low cal recipes I have tried from other's sites.

By the way...David is still right where is was when I got pregnant...he didn't even gain a pound over the past 10 months...lucky guy :)...Really though, I will take the weight gain since it brought me the sweetest and cutest baby ever! But now that he is here...it's all comin' off!

1 comment:

steve arnold said...

Finally made it !! Lol On the morning of my cheat night too lol! So tomorrow I might be 171, ok thinking optimistic though!

Thanks for post..

Calorie Counter App