16 January 2012

Is it January already?

My baby is 4 months old.
Wow...when did that happen?
I've been doing pretty good with the healthy eating thing...pretty good.
I only have 8 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.
I could do better.
I've just been using the nursing excuse to eat a "few" treats here and there.

BUT...I've been trying some new recipes...so it's time to share.

My sister and I have been trying lots of recipes off of Skinnytaste.com
Pretty sure almost all of them have been BIG winners.
I'll share my favorites in another post.

The other day my sister told me about a Skinny Taste recipe called Turkey Taco lettuce wraps.

What?!

Tacos using lettuce as the shell?

Brilliant...and 150 calories "cheaper"!

So I made my family chicken tacos.
With pico de gallo...smashed avacado and quinoa (still need to share that recipe)
Wrapped up in some lettuce.

DELICIOUS!
Really...you should try it!
Great crisp crunch...plus, you normally put lettuce on your taco...
why not wrap your taco with it instead?

This is the way to go!

Try it...let me know what you think!

No comments: