03 January 2011

Why low cal meals...this is why!

I spent my life as the skinny sister. I went through high school and college eating whatever I wanted and not worrying about a single pound.
Things changed a bit when I hit the age of 25 and got married. The pounds just packed on and in one year I am pretty sure I gained about 30 pounds....SO sad!

7 years later and not much had changed. I don't think I was really willing to do what it took to really get the weight off...but this past year enough was enough. My husband and I joined a site called loseit.com. It's a super user friendly site where you are told how many calories you can eat and then you can track them. It was so much simpler then I ever thought...I just needed to be held accountable for what I put in my mouth.

I made quite a few changes in my food intake, but the biggest one was in the recipes I was cooking. I never really thought of myself as someone who cooked high calorie meals, but after figuring out how much was in what I cooked, I was shocked. So I started making simple changes in the recipes we love and watched in amazement as the calorie count dropped. I love to cook...and I have had such a great time finding new recipes and figuring out how to keep them delicious...but figure friendly.

I hope you take some time to look around and try some of them out...let me know what you think...and if you have a recipe you want me to tweak...I'd love to try!

One last thing...
Here we were last spring 2010

and here we are today!

1 comment:

Jaymerz said...

You look AWESOME!! I am excited to try some of your tips and change some of our favorite recipes.