13 January 2011

Ranch Turkey Burgers


I found this recipe a long time ago and we have always loved it. I have tweeked it a bit to keep the calories down, but it wasn't really that hard. Ground turkey is great and low in calories and fat. As long as you find low cal buns (mine are 80 calories) and you avoid the condiments, it's a very low cal burger. (My husband adds mustard to his...I leave mine plain). This recipe makes 4 burgers, they are on the smaller size, but really a perfect portion.

Ingredients:

4 buns
1/2 pound ground turkey (97% fat free)
1 egg white
1/8 C italian bread crumbs
2 tsp. dry ranch mix (dressing packet stuff)
1 T. worcesteshire sauce

Mix all the ingredients (not the buns) together and form in to pattys. It's really sticky, but that keeps them jucier so go with it. I let mine sit for about an hour (in the fridge) before I cook them. Spray large skillet with non cooking spray and heat to medium high. Cook pattys for 5-6 minutes per side (till cooked through). Toast buns in oven under broiler. Serve patty on bun with tomato and lettuce.

Calorie Total:
Patty = 103 calories
My burger with all the ingredients shown above is 188 calories

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, these look very yummy!! I think I will add that to next week menu!!

xoxo
Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These look good Teri! I really like that all of the recipes that you're posting are so "doable" and that you include the calorie information.

Karla said...

Trying these tonight!! :) They look delicious!

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...